(July 2017) The City of Rock Hill, SC, will host the 2017 UCI BMX World Championships at the BMX Supercross Track (1307 Riverwalk Parkway) from Tuesday, July 25 – Saturday, July 29. Over 3,000 riders from 40 countries will participate. The opening event will be at Fountain Park in downtown Rock Hill on Saturday, July 22, from 6-10pm (music, food trucks, kid zone & safety demo, and BMX stunt show).
You can buy tickets in advance or at the door. Hope to see you there, with your family and friends! Then again when you are inspired to later attend some of the free training events the track regularly hosts for adults and kids!
Quick Facts: 2017 UCI BMX World Championships
- By all accounts, the largest international event ever held in SC.
- First time in US since 2001.
- Projected direct economic impact of $13 million for the region.
- Opening Ceremonies and Community Kickoff July 22, 2017 at 6 PM in downtown Rock Hill.
- Practice Days July 23-24, 2017 at Novant Health BMX Supercross Track, 1307 Riverwalk Parkway, Rock Hill.
- Racing July 25-29, 2017 at Novant Health BMX Supercross Track, 1307 Riverwalk Parkway, Rock Hill.
- Racing finale July 29, 2017 with fireworks at Novant Health BMX Supercross Track, 1307 Riverwalk Parkway, Rock Hill. York County residents and their guests get free admission to the finale.
Subscribe to the 2017 UCI BMX World Championships YouTube page and follow social media:
Program with lots of local information: https://issuu.com/cityofrockhill/docs/bmxprogram_v3_final_20170703_web?e=6088170/50795566
About Rock Hill, South Carolina
Founded in 1852, Rock Hill, South Carolina is the largest city in York County and home to nearly 70,000 residents. Located about 20 miles south of Charlotte, NC, Rock Hill has progressed from its humble beginnings as a former textile community into a manufacturing, distribution and knowledge economy. The City of Rock Hill is known for strong planning principles and proactive infrastructure improvements. Providing quality services is at the heart of the City’s 24/7/365 operations, leading to the tag line “Always on.” In addition to public safety and sanitation services, the City provides reliable, safe and efficient electric, sewer and stormwater services in Rock Hill. The City is also the water supplier for the York County region. Rock Hill has established itself as a sports tourism destination, hosting the 2012 US Youth Soccer National Championships, 2017 UCI BMX World Championships, and many other local, national and international events. For more information, visit cityofrockhill.com.